Please find attached the latest Market update (pdf) from Green & Gold Macadamias.
This report is referring to the good 2015 crop. European buyers behaved cautiously due to the weak €uro. In April '15 China supply chain was disrupted as importers are trying to avoid the import duties.
2016 season starts with a very little world carryover.
2016 Crop expectation very similar to 2015:
- Worst drought for Southern Africa. Approx. 10 % Drop
- Drought also affecting emerging macadamia origins
- Low rainfall in Australia.
Current Market outlook:
- Tight supply
- Demand from China might result in serious volatility of the prices
- Strong increase of macadamia nuts as an ingredient
- Prices remain firm at similar levels as those of 2015
- Recommand buyers to cover their future needs, as supply will be tight.
New crop shipments will start in May/June 2016